Thursday, October 24, 2013


Tiering


To tier is a lot like differentiating. For example: 

As a teacher I could plan a lesson that includes all of my students but teir it so that it will fit each students needs. 

I could put students into groups according to what level they are on. To makes this easier I could copy their worksheets on different colored paper. This way they know where their groups are (if you are doing groups) or it helps me to grade their papers quicker. 

On the worksheets I could make them all look the same  but teir or change them to fit the students needs

1 comment:

  1. You are talking about "tiering" in correct terms... all except for stating that it is "a lot like differentiatin." Actually, tiering IS differentiating... it is specific differentiation for content or processes, or products - sometimes, but it is always for READINESS. (2 pts.)

    ReplyDelete