Thursday, November 14, 2013


Differentiation Course 4620

In my Differentiation course I learned that it is important to make changes for students at all times when in need. I found this many times in my fieldwork. The students had different reading groups and would all be on different levels. I learned that students could move up a level very quickly once they catch on to something. To see these improvements in students is such a great feeling. I taught my math unit in about a week and half and I saw such a great difference in the students learning. Most of the student’s scores went higher once we took the post-test. It was great to see that differentiating for each student had helped him or her to succeed and understand. Sometimes differentiating a lesson needs to happen in different ways. You can differentiate the content, process, or product of the lesson either for students’ interest, learning profile, or readiness. What a great experience I had in field and a great way to find ways to differentiate. 

1 comment:

  1. You stated that you have learned that "it is important to make changes for students at all times when in need." Just remember that THAT is the "perfect world" scenario. The reality is, as Tomlinson says," you just start somewhere -- no one can do it at all times. You just try to do it when the stakes are high, and you've had the opportunity to know the students and plan for them. (3 pts.)

    ReplyDelete