Thursday, October 24, 2013

Just a Few Tips For Morning Meeting

Ideas from Jentry Youd.


  • Do bell work after lunch. (2 math problems)
  • Make school fun for them. That part is important.
  • Character Ed. Lessons- These can be stories that students share that go alone with the theme for the week such as being drug free, bullies, love one another treat everyone the same, etc.
  • Make it easy, make it fun, make it simple.
  • If students are really chatty and loud in the morning when they walk in plan for them to play a quiet game. If they are sleepy and quiet then plan for a more outgoing game that gets them to talk out loud and excited for the school day.
  • If the students are rowdy after morning meeting have them: Silent read, heads on table, have the students stand up and give three people a high five and sit down and be quiet. 
  • Some extra ideas on morning meetings- Go online to Misses Golds Morning Meetings.
I think these are really great ideas and tips for morning meetings. I think that when I start my own class I will start to find some things here and there that can help with morning meetings. I will also find some things that will not work out as well and throughout the years that I teach with all of my experience, each class will be different so I may have to change some things about morning meetings here and there to fit each students needs. 


1 comment: